Re: [Chicken-users] 3D update

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 3D update
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:09:15 -0400 (EDT)

   By the way, Brandon, R5RS is a terrible way to learn functional
programming. I recommend _Standard ML for the Working Programmer_, which
of course is a book about ML, but it really shows you all the powerful
"idioms" of functional programming. Going from Standard ML to Scheme had
essentially a zero learning curve for me. Good call about staying away
from OO for the time being, I think that only gets in the way when
learning a functional programming language.

  -Ivan

--
Ivan Raikov
337466 Georgia Tech Station, Atlanta, GA 30332-1750