[Chicken-users] Rewriting Svnwiki in Java or PHP

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Rewriting Svnwiki in Java or PHP
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 05:37:15 +0000

I have been having some conversations with Nelson Castillo and other
Svnwiki users and contributors.  Some of us believe that by rewriting
Svnwiki entirely in another programming language the number of
contributions would increase significantly.  A lot of people would
like to contribute but they lack the programming skills required to
learn Scheme.

We are considering rewriting it in either Java or PHP.  I'm leaning
more towards Java but a very good case for PHP has been made by
Arhuaco.  We have also considered Python, Ruby and C#.

There are more details here:

    http://wiki.freaks-unidos.net//weblogs/azul/rewriting-svnwiki

It should be said that we haven't made up our minds yet.  The amount
of efforts to rewrite Svnwiki in another language shouldn't be
underestimated.  However, unless a good case is made for keeping it in
Scheme, chances are we will switch to another language.

Thoughts?

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/