[Chicken-users] Re: srfi-19 local-timezone-locale

From: Hans Bulfone
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-19 local-timezone-locale
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:14:51 +0200

hi,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 02:43:16PM -0700, Kon Lovett wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I released 2.6.4 which has the local-timezone-locale hack conditioned
> on platform type. Also, the hack has been moved into 'make-local-
> timezone-locale' & 'local-timezone-locale' is now a parameter.

thanks!

i hate to say this but it still doesn't work on my system :(

should the tz offset in the tz string constructed in
make-local-timezone-locale be east or west of utc?

if i unterstand correctly, it should be west of utc,
which is what seconds->local-time returns on my system
(and also should return according to the docs @ callcc.org).
so imho the sign of the timezone offset shouldn't be
flipped on linux.

imho seconds->local-time should be fixed so that it at least
returns the timezone offset with the same sign interpretation
on all systems.  it imho now returns seconds east of utc
on mac os x and seconds west of utc on all other platforms.
felix, what do you think about this?

> BTW, what does '(vector-ref (seconds->local-time (current-seconds))
> 8)' return?

#;8> (vector-ref (seconds->local-time (current-seconds)) 8)
#t

bye,
hans.