[Chicken-users] Re: srfi-19 local-timezone-locale

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-19 local-timezone-locale
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:36:23 -0700

On Apr 3, 2007, at 1:39 AM, Hans Bulfone wrote:

hi,

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:08:23AM -0700, Kon Lovett wrote:

Sorry you had to get them. (I will look into changing the srfi-19
internals to posix tz offset interp, although I try not to chg too
much of the original code.)

why this?  as the public interface of srfi-19 uses positive values
for east of gmt it seems perfectly reasonable to internally use
the same interpretation and flip the sign when needed when 'importing'
the tz data from the system or locale information.
or do you see an advantage in using the posix interpretation internally?

None, really. It depends on what calls are made as to whether any speed benefit would accrue. In any case the ISO 8601 interpretation is the "published" interface so no change can happen. (Not really documented but all implementations have kept to the original.)

bye,
hans.