Re: [Chicken-users] FP 2.0

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] FP 2.0
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:32:10 -0400

On 4/10/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey, did you really take a look at it? I thought nobody does. It's my little
pet project - I'm sure it will takeover the wortld by storm, but whenever I
try to program something longer than 3 lines, I get so confused that I

Heh, I know that feeling. :-) Yes, I did take a look; I haven't run it
yet, but I read through the documentation... very cool. I read Backus'
Turing lecture recently, just after he died --- such  a progressive
thinker. So it was a delight to discover that you had implemented his
language, and in Chicken no less!

I also write little languages as a hobby, though most of them are
throw-aways. I'm currently writing a little stack-based, concatenative
language, similar to Factor (http://factorcode.org/). If I get it
working well, I'll eggify it. Chicken is a wonderful workbench for
language development.

As for the t-shirt, I won't say a word, because you asked me not to.
But I once overheard someone else say, "it's the thought, not the
thing, that counts". And I agree with him. :-)

Cheers,
Graham