Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin

From: DrTheo Radish-Rho
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:43:34 +0530

On 4/16/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/15/07, DrTheo Radish-Rho <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install easyffi on chicken scheme. My platform is cygwin
> (WinXP).
>
> I have a problem with silex. When I run "chicken-setup easyffi", silex is
> first downloaded and the installation begins. However, I end up with a huge
> number of undefined symbols in silex.
> I tried to manually install silex first as well by doing "chicken-setup
> silex", but I get the same problem.
> The error messages look something like this
> ----
> silex.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position
> independent)
> silex.o:silex.c:(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to
> `__imp__C_temporary_stack'
> silex.o:silex.c:(.text+0x5f): undefined reference to
> `__imp__C_temporary_stack'
> silex.o:silex.c:(.text+0x55377): undefined reference to
> `__imp__C_stack_limit'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> ----
>
> chicken -version gives "2.6 - windows-cygwin-x86 - [ ptables applyhook ]"

Does compilation work for other files ok? (i.e. does a simple application
and/or a dynamically loadable file (csc option -s) compile + link)

Compilation works for other provided I don't use the -s option. I see the same linking errors when I give the dynamically loadable option.
I have the config.log from where I built chicken. Is there anything that I can get from there? So far, a grep on dynamic gave me the following
----
configure:7918: checking dynamic linker characteristics
configure:8458: result: Win32 ld.exe
configure:8462: checking how to hardcode library paths into programs
configure:8487: result: immediate
configure:8501: checking whether stripping libraries is possible
configure:8506: result: yes
configure:9336: checking if libtool supports shared libraries
configure:9338: result: yes
configure:9341: checking whether to build shared libraries
configure:9399: result: yes
configure:9402: checking whether to build static libraries
configure:9406: result: yes
configure:9498: creating libtool
configure:10045: checking for ld used by g++
configure:10112: result: /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
configure:10121: checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld
configure:10136: result: yes
-----