Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:14:13 -0700

DrTheo Radish-Rho wrote:

Compilation works for other provided I don't use the -s option. I see the same linking errors when I give the dynamically loadable option.
I have the config.log from where I built chicken. Is there anything that I can get from there? So far, a grep on dynamic gave me the following
----
configure:7918: checking dynamic linker characteristics
configure:8458: result: Win32 ld.exe
configure:8462: checking how to hardcode library paths into programs
configure:8487: result: immediate
configure:8501: checking whether stripping libraries is possible
configure:8506: result: yes
configure:9336: checking if libtool supports shared libraries
configure:9338: result: yes
configure:9341: checking whether to build shared libraries
configure:9399: result: yes
configure:9402: checking whether to build static libraries
configure:9406: result: yes
configure:9498: creating libtool
configure:10045: checking for ld used by g++
configure:10112: result: /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
configure:10121: checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld
configure:10136: result: yes
-----

So it appears you built with Autoconf.  I built with CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every