Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem installing easyffi/silex on cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:23:47 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> Did you configure it --without-libffi?

No.  So I repeated the process, this time using --without-libffi,
and all was well.

However, that means that when building on Cygwin with autotools, you
don't get the benefits of libffi, whereas when building with CMake,
you do.  So CMake should become the way to build on Cygwin.

By the way, I do get these warnings, which I assume are benign,
from compiling easyffi.scm:

Warning: global variable `lexer-get-func-line' is never used
Warning: global variable `lexer-get-func-offset' is never used
Warning: global variable `lexer-get-func-column' is never used
Warning: local assignment to unused variable `lexer-getc' may be unintended
Warning: global variable `lexer-getc' is never used
Warning: local assignment to unused variable `lexer-ungetc' may be unintended
Warning: global variable `lexer-ungetc' is never used

--
John Cowan     http://ccil.org/~cowan    address@hidden
Monday we watch-a Firefly's house, but he no come out.  He wasn't home.