Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:45:30 -0700

I see it's the same errors, but I was not using cmake as far as I
know... just ran ./configure and then make.

I wonder if it has to do with libraries being in strange places.  I
don't have the space to install the entire compiler etc. on the
built-in flash (the root fs is only 32 megs) but OpenZaurus has a way
of re-directing packages that are installed on a CF card, so that's
what I did.  "hello world" compiles and links fine.  :-)  Here are my
libdl's:

[tosa][07:06:45 AM] find / | grep libdl
/lib/libdl-2.3.90.so
/lib/libdl.so.2
/usr/lib/libdl.a
/usr/lib/libdl.so
/media/cf/packages/usr/lib/libdl.so
/media/cf/packages/usr/lib/libdl.a

and the ones in /lib and /usr/lib are symlinks to the ones in
/media/cf/packages.

So, is the compiler supposed to link with -ldl implicitly, and if so
does it know where to look?  And if I add the -ldl explicitly it still
doesn't work - complains about those symbols starting with two
underscores not being found.  I wonder where those are defined?

On 22 Apr 2007 11:04:11 -0300, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Shawn,

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:28:32 -0700 "Shawn Rutledge" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile chicken 2.6 on my Zaurus with gcc 3.4.4.  It
> gets fairly far along.
>
> /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -Os -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized
> -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL  -export-dynamic -o chicken
> chicken.o support.o compiler.o optimizer.o c-platform.o c-backend.o
> batch-driver.o libchicken.la -lm   -lm
> gcc -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-unused
> -Wno-uninitialized -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL -o
> .libs/chicken chicken.o support.o compiler.o optimizer.o c-platform.o
> c-backend.o batch-driver.o -Wl,--export-dynamic  ./.libs/libchicken.so
> -lm
> chicken.o: In function `C_toplevel':
> chicken.c:(.text+0x50f4): undefined reference to `C_library_toplevel'
> ./.libs/libchicken.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
> ./.libs/libchicken.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'
> ./.libs/libchicken.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
> ./.libs/libchicken.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [chicken] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/cf/src/chicken-2.6'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I've got similar errors: http://trac.callcc.org/ticket/181

Best wishes,
Mario