Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:09:19 +0200

On 4/24/07, Shawn Rutledge <address@hidden> wrote:

Then csc wouldn't work on the Zaurus.  Everything has to be compiled
in advance, or interpreted slowly.

Ok.

> Well, I doubt tcc (the embeddable C compiler?) will handle Chicken
> source files, nor will it generate good code. Have you tested Chicken

Hmm.  Why?  The code depends on features that are only in gcc?

Not exactly, it's just that I have seen production quality C compilers
that weren't
not able to compile even the only handwritten C file in the chicken
system (Digital Mars C). Compiling large files and machine generated ones
stress C compilers quite a lot and turns up many bugs. Tcc is optimized
for small programs, and for embedding. I mean, it would be cool if it works
out, but I have my doubts...