Re: [Chicken-users] scheme, builds, and virtual appliances

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] scheme, builds, and virtual appliances
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 09:50:59 -0400

bryan rasmussen scripsit:

> However where Windows is concerned I thought it was the user that
> installed the image that had to prove they had a Windows license? At
> any rate whenever I make an image of Windows and then move it to a new
> VMplayer it wants me to confirm that I have a license for running that
> operating system. I may have drawn the wrong conclusion from this
> however.

No, it sounds like you are right.  However, in an economic sense it
doesn't matter whether the seller or the buyer pays the Microsoft
tariff; the bottom line is that Windows images cost a lot more.

--
The first thing you learn in a lawin' family    John Cowan
is that there ain't no definite answers         address@hidden