Re: [Chicken-users] CMake build

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake build
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:27:20 -0400

Brandon Van Every scripsit:

> Ew.  Not a case use I remember thinking about, so wouldn't shock me if
> there's something wrong.  I'll look into it.

It's actually a pretty common circumstance when you are updating
your Chicken regularly from the darcs head.  In my case,
Chicken is in /usr/local, so the EXTANT_CHICKEN winds up being
/usr/local/bin/chicken-static.  Then I darcs pull, ccmake, make, and
make install, so the new version of chicken-static winds up overwriting
the old.  That's where the Linux version can't cope.

A straightforward fix would be to always copy EXTANT_CHICKEN to /tmp (or
C:\windows\temp) and run it from there.

--
John Cowan  http://ccil.org/~cowan  address@hidden
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie