Re: [Chicken-users] Passing parameters to C

From: Michael McDermott
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Passing parameters to C
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:44:55 -0500

You can get a pointer to a Scheme object like this:

(make-locative myobj)

Michael

On 5/2/07, William Ramsay < address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm still fairly new at Scheme and trying to do something quite
difficult, which brings me up short every now and then.

I'm working with Gtk and easyFFI.    What I need to do is pass a
parameter into a C function and get the same parameter passed back to me
from C.    (I have a series of  similar color buttons and want to know
which button was pressed - so I pass in the button number and will
determine which one it was when I get the signal back)   The problem is
that parameters are passed by value in Scheme and C expects  to get a
pointer.     On the return signal I get an error that the value being
returned is not a pointer.

Can anyone explain how I pass a pointer from Scheme into C.     Oddly
enough #f is treated as a pointer, but nothing else seems to be.

Thanks,

Bill