Re: [Chicken-users] paramater limit

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] paramater limit
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:19:03 -0400

On 5/4/07, Stephen Ramsay <address@hidden> wrote:
Is there some clever idiom that can get me around the 1000 argument
limit with libffi in this situation?  It's kind of a showstopper,
since I work with large XML files pretty regularly.

Not an idiomatic fix (though there probably is one), but you can try
increasing the 1000 limit. The file runtime.c contains the line:

   if(n > 1000) barf(C_TOO_MANY_PARAMETERS_ERROR, "apply"); /* arbitrary */
# endif

Change 1000 to something bigger , then make ; make install ;
cross-your-fingers. :-)

Graham