Re: [Chicken-users] Define-external error

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Define-external error
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 07:26:46 +0200

On 5/1/07, William Ramsay <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this is a Ramsay, a Chicken, an easyFF, or a GTK error,
but I get the following when I use g_signal_connect, which is supposed
to call back to Scheme when a button is pressed.

The command     (g_signal_connect button "color-set" #$setColor 1)

Should call back to:   (define-external (setColor ((pointer
"GtkColorButton") widget)

           (c-pointer data))
                                      void
                                      (printf "got data = ~A~%" data) )

But it gives me a type error:

Error: (location) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects
of this type: #<procedure (setColor widget1371 data1372)>

Does the callback definition appear textually after the g_signal_connect
call? Can you send me the source file?