Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Testing (Was: file-exists? on Windows)

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Testing (Was: file-exists? on Windows)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:26:26 +0200

On 5/14/07, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, that's the sort of thing. I think the test-cases should
> ultimately end up Chicken's source repository -- or the eggs
> repository, for modules -- so that they can be performed after a build
> if desired. But a Web-based tool (wiki or otherwise) would be an easy
> way to share, discuss and refine tests.

Interesting idea.

Currently I am using {chicken-repository}/testbase/tests to hold the
per egg test files. But I understand Felix is thinking of moving to a
subdir per installed egg. In that situation it makes more sense to
include them in the installed egg dir.

Is he? I wasn't aware of that. I have to check with him.... one moment...
No, he says he isn't aware of planning that.

> Sandboxing would be crucially important if the wiki were chosen,
> though. I would hate to test if (zero? (system "rm -Rf /")) is true on
> my platform...

Yep forgot to support this. Thanks.

Hm... This touches something I'm working on in the moment: automated
builds in a chroot(1) environment. Please keep me informed.