Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:36:20 +0200

On 5/14/07, Peter Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

So, the summary of my argument is that out of all linking problems, both
static and dynamic, 80% of them would be related to static linking, 20%
of them would be related to dynamic linking. This is purely anecdotal
from my previous experiences on this issue.

Indeed. My experience has been quite the opoosite. There are situations where
static linking may give problems, but there are vastly more with dynamic
linking.