Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:30:35 -0400

On 5/15/07, Peter Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't think there is ANYTHING that anyone can do which is the right
answer since you basically have to bail at *runtime* if the linker loader
notices two APIs of the same kind clashing in the program.

I thought C# had a strong notion of versioning.  I haven't really gone up the C# learning curve enough to recall whether an Assembly is a C# or a .NET concept though.  Nor whether it provides an ultimate solution.

Don't know if Java solves it either.

The theme is to put versioning in the language though.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every