Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:36:59 -0400

Brandon Van Every scripsit:

> We've had a feature complete, field tested, all but bug free CMake
> build for awhile now.  It took 1 man year to produce.  It is the only
> way to produce the MSVC versions of Chicken, and it is preferred for
> MinGW also.

And for Cygwin, thanks to the libffi support.

> It works fine for all the builds on all the platforms, actually,
> which is why I want to retire the Autoconf system.

Almost.  We still have to break the circular dependency that the Linux
version (and possibly other Unix versions) think we have.

--
John Cowan    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan   <address@hidden>
    "Any legal document draws most of its meaning from context.  A telegram