Re: [Chicken-users] json egg bugs

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] json egg bugs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:12:46 -0400

Dan Muresan scripsit:

> Hi, two problems with the json egg:
>
> 1) Compiling json fails when packrat is not installed. packrat should be
> an egg dependency.
>
> 2) (require-extension json) fails unless srfi-1 is pre-loaded.

Did you download the json egg and try to install it locally?  The
dependency information exists only on the web site, so local installs
will not retrieve it and do not know what other eggs to install.

(IMHO this is Evil and Wrong; each egg should contain the names of the
eggs it depends on.)

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing