Re: [Chicken-users] parameter limit

From: Dmitry Lizorkin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] parameter limit
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:21:31 +0400

I notice that sxml-tools doesn't implement the sxml:document procedure
(or at least, I can't find it in any of the XML-related packages).
This seems like a very useful function, because it can handle either
files or URIs.

I think the problem here is that xml:document relies on the
xlink-infrastructure.
xlink is currently not supported by chicken as it lacks the
ssax:multi-parser.
I recently ran in this issue too. I don't know if the maintainer of the
sxml-tools
and ssax has this on his/her todo-list. If not, it may be a good idea to
mail about
it or even start porting the code to chicken and package it up.?

In fact, the sxml:document procedure definition is independent of XLink-infrastructure. The procedure depends on:
1. SSAX (available as a Chicken egg)
2. HtmlPrag (for retrieving HTML documents in addition to XML documents; this feature may probably be discarded in case of licence problems) 3. "access-remote.scm" library for getting access to remote resources; I suppose that there should be an equivalent standard unit/egg in Chicken.

I thus believe that it should be quite easy to port the sxml:document procedure into a Chicken egg.

Dmitry