Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS

From: Stephen Ramsay
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:23:56 -0500

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:16:11PM -0400, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> It's a slow Friday afternoon, so let me pose a provocative,
> non-technical question: What does the impending ratification of the
> R6RS standard mean for Chicken, and for you?

I'd love it if someone could point me to some kind of bottom-line
overview of the new standard (what's new, what's being discarded,
etc.)  I've hunted around for such a thing and browsed through the
spec itself, and while I see lots of detailed discussion about it, I
haven't really been able to find a highlight reel for the new
standard.

I've also heard that Felix isn't crazy about it, but I haven't been
able to find his formal pronouncements on the matter.

I'm still fairly new to Scheme, so I'm not about to jump into the
fray.  I'd just like a sense of what's going on.

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor