Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:34:17 -0300

Hallo,

On 5/18/07, Stephen Ramsay <address@hidden> wrote:

I'd love it if someone could point me to some kind of bottom-line
overview of the new standard (what's new, what's being discarded,
etc.)  I've hunted around for such a thing and browsed through the
spec itself, and while I see lots of detailed discussion about it, I
haven't really been able to find a highlight reel for the new
standard.

    I've read the spec, and I'd say the most important change is the
addition of libraries. Today all the major implementations have
different syntaxes for creating libraries/modules, and r6rs now comes
with "official" syntax and semantics for that.
    Also, there are the standard libraries.

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/