Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-19 doesn't work with stable Chicken release

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-19 doesn't work with stable Chicken release
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:55:35 -0700

On May 19, 2007, at 5:18 PM, Dan Muresan wrote:

Hi all,

the latest stable release (Chicken 2.6) doesn't work with the srfi-19 egg. Sorry if I missed any related messages (I don't think I did) but it sounds like a bad idea for an egg do depend on the unstable version of Chicken... Or maybe a new release is imminent?

Yes, ungood. Sorry.

Chicken 2.6 has inconsistent meaning for timezone offset across platforms. 2.61 fixed this.

Provided you are not using MacOS X or Windows you can get the current version (2.6.9) which skips the requirement otherwise.

# chicken-setup srfi-19

The extension srfi-19 does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes]
downloading srfi-19.egg from (www.call-with-current- continuation.org eggs 80)
  gunzip -c ../srfi-19.egg | tar xf -
Error: CHICKEN version 2.61 or higher is required

-- Dan