Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:49:39 +0200

On 5/21/07, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:

While we're on the topic, I find Chicken's lightweight-threads and
srfi-18 compatible streams incredibly useful. However, it's a pity that
only unit tcp (and the (process) function) can create such streams.

I assume you mean streams that block the current thread on I/O, yes?
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have an fd and can make it
non-blocking.

I have enabled the blocking call in tcp-connect (thread-block-for-i/o ...)
in the current darcs head (2.616). Please give it a try. I also encourage
others to try it and report any problems you might have.