Re: [Chicken-users] 32 bit integers?

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 32 bit integers?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:08:56 +0300

I don't see a way to hack these using flonums. Bignums would solve the problem but they're slow.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder :) One problem is that some "obvious" pitfalls are not documented prominently. That's confusing: it makes you think you're missing something (when in actuality you're hitting a genuine limitation that should have been acknowledged more explicitly). But enough "meta-talk".

which use GMP, I found that the only reliable way to pass a
bignum from one system to the other was as a string.

That thought crossed my mind, but I was hoping never to have to do that:)

-- Dan