[Chicken-users] Re: stream API (was busy-wait in tcp-connect)

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: stream API (was busy-wait in tcp-connect)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:37:22 +0300

See make-output/input-port, in the extras unit.

Very nice, I missed it. So I guess if READ and PEEK yield instead of blocking, then that stream plays nicely with threads, just like tcp streams?

Any thoughts on binary streams? Calling read-char repeatedly is probably not efficient; besides, read-char may not be the same as read-byte (if utf8 is loaded).

-- Dan