Re: [Chicken-users] JSON and unicode escapes

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] JSON and unicode escapes
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:24:08 -0700

On May 23, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Dan Muresan wrote:

Hi,

(json-read) doesn't support Unicode escapes:

csi> (json-read )
csi> "\u201c"
"u201c"

I'd like to fix that. Parsing the escapes should be easy since Chicken's (read) actually seems to understand the escapes (even without the utf8 egg).

Yes it does, but just the escapes.

I see from Trac that a number of people have worked on this egg, and that there's an official Tony G repository somewhere. Where is that repository? Does anyone know how to fix interpret-string- escape (i.e. can it return multiple chars, how to obtain the next token)?

He has a homepage < http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/~tonyg >, but I didn't see a JSON.

You can of course checkout a copy of the svn repo:

svn checkout https://anonymous:@galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken- eggs/json

Checking in though probably requires a user identity.

Cheers,
Dan