(could be slightly OT) Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo for

From: Sunnan
Subject: (could be slightly OT) Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:08:06 +0200

Joerg F. Wittenberger wrote:
c) Therefore I'd always recomment to *store* some strictly checked
format, while serializing to the fashion-of-the-day, human readably
syntax in the very moment of delivery for edit/display.
I agree. The hard part there is the conversion from edit-mode to strict. I run a medium-size counter-culture wiki (+ 10000 nodes) that grew out of a UseMod-fork and I want to change the syntax drastically (perhaps offering a choice between some future homegrown superset of Textile, and a souped-up Xinha). I need to (this is on my someday-maybe-list) figure out a way to *strictly* parse it. Not easy considering the amount of abuses of syntax people have put in over the years. (Using our h2-syntax to center images is one of the worst examples, but there are others, less extreme.)

I do agree, though.

Sunnan