Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:21:56 +0200

On 6/5/07, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Brandon Van Every scripsit:
> Speed, to the exclusion of all other considerations, is not the real
> world.  I can understand compiling portable Scheme code under any 2
> different compilers.  I cannot fathom trying to get such code to
> interoperate.  This thread reads like a Frankenstein support
> nightmare.

Developing code under Chicken is fairly straightforward; developing
code under Stalin is painful in the extreme.  It therefore is plausible
to have a Stalin-compatible library for Chicken that allows one to
develop code that Stalin can handle after it is fully debugged under
Chicken.  You can then gain the advantages of Stalin's massive
optimizations to gain execution speed.

BTW, has anyone gotten stalin to work lately? I ran my 512mb Athlon
for the whole night and was not able to compile stalin 0.11 (gcc 4.1.2).