Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:31:58 -0400

Brandon Van Every scripsit:

> This is infrastructurally lame.  Anyone who is that enamored with
> speed deserves what they get.  Efforts would be better spent actually
> creating a community around Stalin and showing some leadership
> addressing its utter inadequacies.  C'mon guys, if you want to develop
> with someone's FTP dump then you just don't appreciate what it takes
> to do software.  Stalin properly exists as a research reference and
> nothing more.

Brandon, this is pure negativity, only one step up from "Don't do that,
it won't help me develop games on Windows."  If Stalin compatibility
scratches someone's itch or tickles their fancy, it'll get done.  If
not, it won't.  In either case, you are better off spending your time
achieving your objectives than trying to tell other people not to achieve
theirs.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  address@hidden
'Tis the Linux rebellion / Let coders take their place,