Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 17:05:20 +0300

Also, does chicken have native threads available? I'm under the impression that native threads are needed if you want multiple processes to be accessing files on a fuse fs simultaneously. Stklos does native threads but I wasn't able to get the stklos/fuse package to compile/install on my system and try it out.

My filesystem consists of a C library and a Chicken server. The C fuse wrapper runs in multi-threaded mode, serializes requests to Chicken and waits for replies. The Chicken server spawns separate light-weight threads to service each request.

So, in the end, we get both traditional multi-threading and lightweight threads under the same roof. I was actually quite excited about this part of the design.

Cheers,
Dan