Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:11:17 -0700

On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Matthew Welland wrote:

On Thursday 07 June 2007 01:34:42 pm Dan Muresan wrote:
Thanks Arto.

Also, the existing FUSE bindings for Ruby and Python appear to have
achieved stability on a number of platforms and may be worth looking
at for tips and tricks.

Perhaps also look at the stklos fuse implemention:
http://www.stklos.org/extensions.html

Also, does chicken have native threads available?

No OS threading thru "Chicken." A shared GC heap is not currently in the cards for Chicken. (I do not think I have spoken out of school here.)

However, if you take on the burden of synchronizing access Chicken should be able to run as an OS thread; I think ?-). Be nice if someone provided a tutorial on this.

<snip>

Best Wishes,
Kon