Re: [Chicken-users] wiki->texi converter

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wiki->texi converter
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:17:08 +0200

On 6/22/07, Andre Kuehne <address@hidden> wrote:
Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:
>> 3. The ordering of sections in the Texinfo document depends on the
>> order in which the wiki files were parsed. In the example I have
>> attached, the files are processed in an alphabetical order, and that
>> results in an illogical section order. The wiki->texi converter is
>> able to recognize the Next: and Previous: links in the wiki, and it
>> updates the Texinfo navigational links accordingly, so navigation
>> works, but the top-level node index is in alphabetical instead of
>> logical order. Since circular links are allowed in the wiki, this
>> problem might be very difficult to fix.
>
> How about we simply specify the correct order for the files, instead
> of passing them in alphabetical order?  Would that solve the problem?

I like this idea. Would be nice if one could specify a wiki-page as the
table of contents, which is simply an ordered list of links to all the
wiki-pages one would like to include.

The current distribution script (somewhere deep in the chicken darcs
repo, and hopefully soon documented) has a fixed list of wiki pages
to include into the manual anyway, so effectively we have this
situation already. The wiki->texi conversion process doesn't have to
be overly sophisticated as long as the results is presentable.