Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:24:00 +0200

On 6/28/07, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm considering changing the utf8 egg to no longer use syntax-case
modules, so that it would work like the numbers egg.

The way this would work is that, naturally, if you wanted to use utf8
semantics you'd just (use utf8), this time with no need for syntax-case
and nothing to import.

I'm very much in favor of this change, and not just because of the
immediate problem for which I opened #258. I was originally
disheartened from using the utf8 egg *because* it relied on
syntax-case, which I had no interest in. Of course, UTF-8 is important
enough that I'll take it with or without extra bloat, but without is
better :-)

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/