Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:48:28 +0200

On 28 Jun 2007 10:54:59 -0300, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:

At http://chicken.wiki.br/automated-builds you can find results
of automated builds of Chicken and eggs that have been running
since some days ago.

*Very* impressive!

Sugestions are welcome.

Looking at today's report [1] a few minor things spring to mind:

 1. I think it'd be useful if the table was sorted so that the failed
eggs are all grouped at the top. After all, that's the information
which is the most interesting.

 2. Could we add a column for the egg's version number? This might
help in troubleshooting when someone reports a problem with the X.Y.Z
version of an egg, and we want to find out whether it ever built
correctly, or when it last built correctly.

 3. Maybe we could add a platform specifier to the eggs' metafiles,
in order for this process to be able to summarily skip e.g.
OS-X-specific eggs which won't build on Linux anyway? (They could show
"N/A" in orange or something else than a red error.)

Nice work! :-)

[1] http://chicken.wiki.br/automated-builds/2007/06/28/salmonella-report/

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/