Re: [Chicken-users] user list on wiki

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] user list on wiki
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 13:00:39 +0200

On 7/1/07, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:

two things I don't understand about the user list:

1) Some people get links with space-separated names, e.g.

http://chicken.wiki.br/mario%20domenech%20goulart

while some get links with dash-separated names:

http://chicken.wiki.br/dan-muresan

I've also been meaning to inquire regarding wiki page naming
conventions. The currently-prevalent space-separated page names seem
very cumbersome and a tad ugly as they will inevitably show up in the
URL-encoded form (%20) in the browser.

If a dash indeed works equally well as a separator, I'd rather convert
any pages of mine over to that format. But does svnwiki know to e.g.
link [[Jim Hacker]] to a page named "jim-hacker" in the absence of a
page "jim hacker", or would one need to use [[jim-hacker|Jim Hacker]]
to get the desired effect? (This is probably a case of RTFM... :-P)

PS. Alejandro, thanks again for developing svnwiki – it's a great
system and I'm presently trying to get us to deploy it at work, too
(replacing Trac's wiki which we currently use), as svnwiki would
immediately solve the problem of allowing offline editing, and with
one's choice of favorite text editor to boot.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/