Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within REPL
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:46:09 +0200

On 7/2/07, Martin Percossi <address@hidden> wrote:

So after spending five hours on the windows installation, I just gave
up. This is a real shame, because win32 should be an ideal platform for
chicken, with its great integration with other languages. It would be
lovely to have a nice win32 GUI wrapper. It would be cool to use
direct-x. It would be cool to be able to use Microsoft Speech API, etc,
etc. And I think the fixes in chicken-setup.scm wouldn't be all that
hard. There should be a new "build-platform" -- msys (currently, there
is only cygwin and windows) -- that does the right thing assuming that
you want to build native windows applications within a MSYS environment.
I've seen a open ticket which details the changes necessary: replacing
the tar and gzip commands with scheme versions that come preinstalled
with the distribution.

The basic problem is that we don't have a windows maintainer.