[Chicken-users] Iron Chicken

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: [Chicken-users] Iron Chicken
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 04:45:02 +0100

I'm working on some bot code for wikis based on the Mediawiki engine,
which powers Wikipedia.  My project name is Iron Chicken.

Currently I've got an egg, irnc-base ("Iron Chicken base") which
implements the "api.php" interface to mediawiki, and also enables
login and editing via the usual nasty screen scraping methods.

This is in the subversion repository now and will appear on the egg
repository under "web" as soon as it's updated (provided I didn't
screw up).

The egg makes extensive use of sxml, so you need htmlprag and
sxml-tools to use it.  The sxml facility is pretty cool because api
output is all in xml, and you can do amazing stuff with sxpath to
navigate the output data.  There is some example code.

For documentation on mediawiki's api, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php

and

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API