Re: [Chicken-users] Iron Chicken

From: Shawn W.
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Iron Chicken
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:06:23 -0700

On Jul 7, 2007, at 8:45 PM, Tony Sidaway wrote:

I'm working on some bot code for wikis based on the Mediawiki engine,
which powers Wikipedia.  My project name is Iron Chicken.

The Iron prefix seems to be used a lot for .NET re-implementations of languages.
Might give people the wrong idea when they see a link to it...

The egg makes extensive use of sxml, so you need htmlprag and
sxml-tools to use it.  The sxml facility is pretty cool because api
output is all in xml, and you can do amazing stuff with sxpath to
navigate the output data.  There is some example code.

I don't like XML. But I discovered SXML recently, and... wow. SXML + scheme is the first non-painful way to manipulate XML that I've seen. I still think that many of the ways people have come up to use XML are like pounding a square peg in a round hole, but for cases where it makes sense to use XML (Like what I was working on when I found SXML -- I was already storing marked-up text in a format that was 99% there), it's going to be a really hard choice not to use SXML. I don't care so much about using sxpath and pre-post-order and such. SXML's just lists. I /know/ how to manipulate lists. :)

--
Shawn W.
address@hidden