Re: Bug/problems with fmt (was Re: [Chicken-users] Columnar text display

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: Bug/problems with fmt (was Re: [Chicken-users] Columnar text display code?)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:49:12 +0900

On 7/7/07, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately, fmt hangs on the obvious solution:
>
> (fmt #t
>      (join
>        (lambda (x) (trim 5 x))
>        (string-split "foo foo\nbar bar\n" "\n")
>        nl))

That's a bug.  I've fixed it in my repository, and will
probably make a new release this weekend.

This and several other minor bugfixes are included in the 0.5
release:

 http://synthcode.com/scheme/fmt/

Incompatible changes:

 * For consistency with TRIM and FIT, PAD defaults to right padding
   now (use PAD/LEFT for the old behavior)

 * JOIN now defaults to an empty separator, not a single space

New procedure:

 * FMT-NULL - the noop formatter

The documentation is somewhat improved and includes a cheat sheet
for Common Lisp format users, but still needs more examples and a
description of the internals (still subject to change).

The names are also all still subject to change.

--
Alex