Re: [Chicken-users] gdbm and windows

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] gdbm and windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:55:57 -0700

On Jul 16, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

Does anyone know if chicken/gdbm works on windows? I have an app using
GDBM that I'd like to port to windows at some point, but I don't
actually have a windows setup to try it on right now. Should I be
making plans to move it over to sqlite3 or something?

GDBM works on Windows. However, I had to jump thru some hoops. The binary installer doesn't install "gdbm-dll.h", which I had to copy from the source. Also, the Chicken compiler doesn't like pathnames with spaces on Windows. I copied the gdbm files from the default install location - C:\Program Files\GnuWin32 - to my mingw directories. (For some reason a shortcut - C:\GnuWin32 - wasn't seen by the compiler. If MSVC is used then will probably work. I use MinGW.)

Best Wishes,
Kon

martin