[Chicken-users] does adding numbers stop spam?

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] does adding numbers stop spam?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:35:09 -0400

Making a wiki users add some numbers before they commit an edit was
instituted as an anti-spam measure.  Did it work?  I ask because the
CMake authors recently adopted a draconian restriction on their bug
tracker, that only the reporter and the owner of a bug would be able
to make changes to it.  Pretty bad idea I think, so I'm wondering if
the adding numbers trick solved the spam problem.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every