Re: [Chicken-users] wxWidgets

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wxWidgets
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:32:29 -0500

On 7/31/07, Harri Haataja <address@hidden> wrote:
> wx I recall as something that tries hard to advertise as cross
> platform and native look and fails miserably in the latter.

You might be thinking of wx 1, which was terrible.  wx2, when I used
it, did a good job of native look on Linux and Windows.  It even
looked okay on OS X, although naturally it suffers from the
slightly-degraded look of Carbon.

Ease of use, I couldn't say, because I used wxPython which abstracts a
lot of that stuff away.    I'm sure that implementing wxPython was a
headache like no other, but the end product was easy to use.