[Chicken-users] New egg: pyffi

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: [Chicken-users] New egg: pyffi
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:03:00 +0900

Hi all,

   I have ported Dmitri Hrapof's Python FFI for Common Lisp to Chicken
Scheme, and the result is the pyffi extension, available here:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/pyffi.html

Pyffi uses the Python C interface to convert Python values to Scheme
values and vice versa, and to invoke Python procedures and methods,
and automatically convert their arguments and return values to and
from Python and Scheme representations. It supports Python numeric
values, strings, lists, tuples, and dictionaries; all other types are
represented in Chicken as pointers. I have not made any attempts to
optimize the value conversion code, and I have only tested pyffi with
very simple code and small data structures.

     -Ivan