Re: [Chicken-users] Fwd: Queinnec's Lisp in Small Pieces for CAN$3.95+sh

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Fwd: Queinnec's Lisp in Small Pieces for CAN$3.95+shipping
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:25:01 -0400

On 8/10/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Brandon Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > BTW that site is showing LiSP for $CA 76.86,
> > not exactly a deal.
>
> It's up to CDN$ 94.40, now, with that being a price increase of 90.45
> since yesterday when it was still selling for 3.95

I don't understand the mathematical behavior of this.  Unless the
point of a radical price drop is to temporarily catapult a book to the
#1 spot.  Then do you get to claim "#1 Bestseller!" on your cover or
something?  "#1 Bestseller for 24 hours!"

> - guess you missed the deal...

Wasn't planning to buy it.  I don't need no steenkin' books to learn
Lisp.  I just wanted to know what could possibly be more popular than
Harry Potter.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every