Re: [Chicken-users] darcs repository?

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] darcs repository?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:03:47 -0300

Hallo,

On 8/15/07, john <address@hidden> wrote:
> On the topic of VCS I recently took a look at monotone
> (http://monotone.ca/). It was easy to install and follow the tutorial
> and I am thinking of trying it out on my own Chicken project. I liked
> the way it uses sqlite for the repository. I am curious to see if
> anyone has had some experience with it and what they thought?

     Disclaimer: I have write access to monotone.ca.

     I have been using monotone since I found out about it during the
linux kernel bitkeeper fiasco.

Pros:
     - I never lost data (important!)
     - Totally distributed, each branch can have multiple heads
     - Every commit is signed by a RSA key
     - I like the repository-as-single-file thing
     - Customisation by Lua hooks is very cool

Cons:
     - Does not serve through HTTP, must use own protocol or via SSH tunnel
     - Some operations are still slow (initial pull, annotate), but
getting faster with each release

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/