Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme is dead, long live Scheme

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme is dead, long live Scheme
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:12:49 +0900

   Well, I see no need to start pining for the good old days yet, as
like you say we still have R5RS and Chicken at our
disposal. Unfortunately, if R5RS implementations do continue to vastly
outnumber R6RS implementations, the language will be split in two
camps, and the Scheme cross-compatibility we were promised might not
materialize for quite some time. But that's what you get when the
Editors' Committee chooses to wish away the reality of existing
Schemes, instead of moving forward by consensus and community
effort. Still, I would rather deal with a splintered language, than
with a "standard" that is deliberately incompatible with SRFI-1 and
demonstrates contempt for the SRFI process in general.

       -Ivan