Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme is dead, long live Scheme

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme is dead, long live Scheme
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:24:50 -0400

Ivan Raikov scripsit:

>    Well, I see no need to start pining for the good old days yet, as
> like you say we still have R5RS and Chicken at our
> disposal. Unfortunately, if R5RS implementations do continue to vastly
> outnumber R6RS implementations, the language will be split in two
> camps,

The language is massively fragmented already, so this is nothing new.

> But that's what you get when the Editors' Committee chooses to wish
> away the reality of existing Schemes,

I prefer the view of the ANSI/ISO C standards committee:  "Old code
is important; old implementations are not."  Even Sun has now been
dragged kicking and screaming into the ISO C age.

--
John Cowan                              address@hidden
            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan