Re: [Chicken-users] Fink package for chicken

From: Sebastián González
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Fink package for chicken
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:44:35 +0200

Hi Ivan, thanks for the pointer. Knowing about it would have spared me some time; since no package was available on Fink's database, I didn't even think of trying to find it elsewhere (duh).

What if instead of editing:

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8080//Fink%20packages

which is not really needed anymore, we edit section "Fink" in:

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8080//platforms#Mac%20OS%20X

so that it resembles the description of MacPorts, something like:

"
Fink users can type the following command in a Terminal:

fink install chicken

This will download, compile and install the latest Chicken version.
"

As a side remark, I would propose to delete all those platforms for which no package is available yet (SUSE, CentOS, Mac Binary, etc.). There is no point in having such void entries. They can all be substituted by a kind of call for volunteers, "Contribution of packages for BSD, CentOS, ... is sought and will be greatly appreciated." - or something of the sort.

- Sebastián